CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

5 signs my youth may be over

5. Daniel and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this September.
4. I had to have my first mammogram.
3. I'm starting my 16th year of teaching. That’s more than halfway to retirement.
2. Sara is starting middle school this year.
1. I just got the invitation to my 20th high school reunion.

It's not that I mind getting older, but did all of these things have to happen at once to drive the point home? And where did all of the time go? I'm not sure any of us can answer that one. It's eaten up with doing laundry, driving kids to soccer practices, making dinner, grading papers, etc. One reason I started the blog is to help me remember all those little moments that make up the year so it doesn't just become a blur.

0 comments: