CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Tennessee

This post is about Tennessee, one of my former least favorite states, thanks to my first (not best) step-mother who hailed from that locale. In the past few years though, there are two things about Tennessee I have come to ADORE. One is Loveless Cafe. It's right outside of Nashville and it's wonderful. I think I would make the drive there for the biscuits alone. If you're ever anywhere near Nashville, please stop there to eat some wonderful home-cooking.

The other is the drive up I-26 to the Kingsport/Church Hill area for the Volunteer Indoor Showcase (Winterguard Competition). This is a relatively new section of I-26 and it is still fresh and pretty. The scenery is just awesome and the road is uncluttered. It's such a nice trip. Last year we spent the night at the Meadowview Conference Center instead of driving back down the mountain at nearly midnight and it was well worth every penny. We were treated to a pretty dusting of new snow and a safe, leisurely drive home.
So, this weekend we're gearing up for another roadtrip to Tennessee. Too bad Kingsport isn't anywhere near Nashville. I could sure go for some Loveless biscuits!

0 comments: