CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Quiet House

There's a strange new sensation going on at the Camp House - silence. That's right. The beginning of the summer was marked by visits from friends and general hub-bub and the ending of it seems to be enveloped in silence. Sara is at guard camp (8 am-9 pm) and Owen is at a friend's house watching a movie. The kittens and Maggie are all asleep and I am all alone. It happened so fast. Those little people who were always under foot and needing something are no longer. They have been replaced by busy big people with their own schedules and agendas. I am free to clean the house, watch a television show of my own choosing, or surf the web without interruption for hours at a time. The freedom I longed for is here and I'm not so sure I like it, but here it is nonetheless.

0 comments: