CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Moving on

It has been six months since our beloved Lucy passed away. We've all managed to adjust. Her kitty things were put away, the grass has grown over the spot in the backyard where she is buried, and I finally let the bedroom window blind down all the way. It was lifted up just enough so she could look outside whenever she wanted without waking me up by pawing at it.
We've all started to feel longings for another furry friend. The kids started asking for another cat a few months ago, but Daniel and I have been holding out. I've been saying that we should wait until after vacation so it will be easier, but really I still have my uncertainties. Lucy was ours for such a long time that it's hard to imagine someone else living in her place.
But God has a way of letting you know when it's time and this week I think he did just that. Someone at Daniel's office received an e-mail from his wife about a lady who had some kittens to give to a good home. Daniel looked at the pictures and forwarded them to me. 5 precious little kittens who need a family eased my doubts. It has been so long since we had a kitten in the house. The kids never knew Lucy as a kitten. This would be so rewarding for them and good for us too. We've started debating about getting two - companionship for each other and two cats wouldn't seem so much like taking Lucy's place. We're going to "look" at them tomorrow night. Does anyone ever "look" at kittens and say "Nah, I think I'll pass"?

0 comments: